Skip to main content
- Contact Tamsin Osborne
- At the Birkbeck Babylab, CBCD, we study how babies and children learn and develop, particularly during the first few years of life. Using a variety of research methods such as ERP, EEG, NIRS and eye-tracking, we answer questions such as how do babies and children learn to understand what other people think.
- Students can apply to volunteer on short or long-term projects at the Babylab to work alongside researchers and PhD students with expertise in infant research.
- As training volunteers can take a long time, and is quite labour intensive, we ask that Volunteer Researchers commit to a minimum of 2 days a week for an academic term
- Specific duties may include helping to test infant or child participants using a variety of methods, recruitment and scheduling of participants, coding of data, and literature searches.
- Some projects may require Volunteer Researchers to have a DBS check
- Students can also benefit from attending reading groups and seminars on various research topics.
- If you would like to apply, please download the application form and email a completed copy, along with your CV and two written references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Form (doc)